Part 1: Things that have gone well
Think about the whole semester, all the way back to September. Discuss what has gone well for you this year:
- as a learner in this class
As a learner I realized that my passion for learning has decreased a bit, which was the result of laziness. I think the teachers and their classes were just not as interesting as they could be, and that didn’t help me at all.
2. as a writer in this class
Well I’m not much of a writer, but i think throughout this semester I’ve done plenty or few writings, and that was definitely something that I would like to do more, if I have the time and dedication.!
3. as a community member in this class
As a community member in my class, I haven’t accomplished anything outstanding except that I’m mostly eager to be challenged in an interesting way, but i feel slowed down instead.
4. for the class community as a whole
Well I can say that many of my classmates have made great deal of progress which was a good thing, and I was also mostly available to help anybody that needed help.
Part 2: What do we want to be better?
Think of yourself in June. Discuss what you want to do before then and who you want to be when you graduate.
- What do you want to learn more about in this class?
I hope to learn more about the philosophical and psychological aspects of humans and the world; and aspects that require more critical and accurate reasoning.
2. What do you want to improve as a writer?
As a writer, I do hope to having to write about interesting and catchy topics and develop some desire for writting as well as for learning.
3. How do you want to improve as a community member?
Well I dont know about that, but I think that everybody has a part in making our community a better place, and one person’s improvement won’t have so much effect as everybody’s.
4. How do you want the class to work better together?
Nahh!!! working together just doesn’t work for some people like me and some others too; I think people whol ove working together should be able to do so, but some others should have the opportunity to work on their own.
I’m really looking forward to another semester with you. You all are great.
The graphic novel that I read was about twins sister and brother (Toshi and Kai) that were born under strange circumstances. There was war in their country (Nagasaki) way before they were born. Because of the dangerrousness and weirdness of things around them, their parents swore to some kind of gods to protect their mother when she was pregnant with them. Years after they were born; they got to discover the scarces of the war and all the strange things that were happening. Something really strange and miraculous that happened to the girl Toshi, was that one day they were playing outside in at the top of a tall tree that was connected to a tree house, and suddenly Toshi fell onto some spikes that were right at the bottom of the tree. She fell and didn’t get impaled by the spikes, and that was like magic. Only her shirt was thorned up with holes inside, it seemed like the spikes bowed down once they touched her skin. Later in the story, a weird man appeared to them, requesting to take Toshi away, because their parents vowed for them to be protected and safe, in return of some saccrifice, but they didnt mention what. Their parents never took what they said into consideration, but the kids were being trapped later.
This graphic novel is really strange and weird because everything was confusing and questionable, but it was also interesting as a way of think of fictional magic stuffs.
Hmmmm robin…nic pic! U been takin lots of pics lately….who r u tryin 2 impress? Looool!
me in my afrO style…lol
lov it!!! SOMEONE HAS DONE HER HAIR……I DIDNT KNO U WERE DOIN IT ANYTIME SOON. BUT ITS PRETTY.!!!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY…N HAPPY HOLIDAYS. HAPPY NEW YEAR…N MAY THIS UPCOMING YEAR 2010 BRING LOTS OF SUCCESS, JOY, $$, N HAPPINESS. MAY GOD BLESS U ALL N UR FAMILIES N FRIENDS. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!!
looool…..he’s cute…………bt doesnt look anythin lik u. i guess he resembles his daddy then!!!! loool
Post your notes about each group.
- What is their moral dilemma? Say the problem and the choices.
- What would you have done in this situation?
- What did they do well? Did you see any cool connections?
- What could them improve?
Group#2: Ronald, Niolius, Carlito, Rosa S. and Jose.
1. this group’s moral dilemma was that some citizen around the city who werte witnessing the burning of jews people had the choice to say something about it and get in trouble, or not say anything and let them suffer.
2. If I was in their place I wouldnt say antyhing even though it’d be awful not to speak up and save them.
3. They did a good presentation and had a lot of informations and details. they also made some great connections to the world.(altruist world).
4. they could improve on not reading much from the slides and clarify more their ideasl.
Group#1: Ricardo, Binta B.
1. This group’s moral dilemma was that the rescuers had the choice to get involved with the mistreatment of the jews and get punished by the Nazis, or ignore them knowing its wrong.
2. If I faced the same moral dilemma, i would do the same as most people did or would do, i would mind my own business and not try to get in trouble. ‘Cause i won’t try to sacrifice myself for other people (its not like im Jesus. =)
3. This group was very creative, and their presentation was colorful, clear and simple.
4. They could improve on giving more details and explanations. They need to clarify more their ideas and lines.
Group#3: Maria M., Patricia, Mariel C. and Adama B.
1. This group’s moral dilemma was that many germans didn’t agree with Hitler mistreatmenting the Jews, but they couldn’t say anything or stand up against him because they would get killed.
2. If i was in the same situation i would’nt have said anything either, because i wouldnt want to get myself killed.
3. This group had a lot of informations and details, and they took time to explain everything. They did a good job.
4. They could improve on shortening the of the slides and the length of the presentation. They also need to read less from the slides.
Group#5: Rokya, Isabel, Socrates and Michael.
1. This group’s moral dilemma was that a Deutch girl had to choose between risking getting caught nand mistreated by saving/helping the Jews, or letting them suffer, something she believe was wrong.
2. I wouldn’t have helped the Jews risking getting killed like the girl did.
3. They did a good presentation overall, they had details and actually explainned their ideas well. They aslo had visuals aids that made their presentation great.
4. They could improve on reading less from the slides, and have each member talk/participate more.
Reflecting on the Debate
Answer the following questions. Give evidence when you can!
1. What is your final opinion — is the play existentialist or absurdist? Why?
As final opinion I think the play is Absurdist. At first I made up my mind and strongly believe that the whole play was Existentialist, but after the debate I thought that it was both Existentialist and aburdist, because the beginning seemed more full of hope and faith in finding that meaning of life, and the end was more like they failed and gave, there was nothing that they could do more. But then afterwards, I thought it through again and finally saw that the whole play was absurdist, because of the condition in which Vladimir and Estragon were even before they decided to wait for “Godot”. And their lives are useless and so meaningnless that they were just as good as dead.
2. What is Godot a symbol of?
I think “Godot” is a symbol for “God” or a rescuer, because Vladimir and Estragon were hoping that he would come and somehow save them or give meaning to their lives.
3. What is the tree a symbol of?
I think the tree is a symbol for both Crucifixion and Life.
4. What is the significance of Pozzo and Lucky’s relationship?
I think Pozzo and Lucky’s relationship signify inequality in mankind.
5. What is something you liked about today?
Well something that i liked about today was that everybody was prepared for the debate and were all excited to participate. Everybody has gotten a chance to participate and said lots of meaningful things.
6. What is something new that you learned?
Well everybody else’s opinion on the play influenced mine a lot today, and i got to see everyone’s point of view just as they were my own.